Springfield Little Theatre Associate Board
The Associate Board represents an enthusiastic network of innovative young professionals (ages 25-40) from the Springfield area in order to support the mission of the Springfield Little Theatre to entertain, educate and involve the community in live productions and in the preservation of the historic Landers Theatre.
Our purpose is three-fold:
1. Serve as liaisons for Springfield Little Theatre to the young professional community by inviting contacts to participate in theatre events.
2. Coordinate, plan, implement and support in conjunction with the SLT Staff, annual fundraising events which constitutes a portion of the Springfield Little Theatre’s annual fundraising budget. Currently, those events are The Roast held in the fall and Curtains and Corks held in the Spring.
3. Be "friendraisers" and fundraisers for the SLT.
Each Associate Board member must submit an application for review and approval by the SLT Board of Directors and staff of Springfield Little Theatre.
• Each Associate Board member will pay a membership fee of $100 each year of term. This membership fee entitles members get a gold SLT nametag, free tickets to selected shows, exclusive invitations to Theatre events, Associate Board events, and other great programs and events.
• Associate Board Members must be in attendance at all Associate Board monthly pre-scheduled meetings (typically the first or second Monday of the month at 6 pm), whether in person or by conference call. If attendance is not possible, the Associate Board President must be notified by NOON on the meeting day. Associate Board Members will be asked to resign from the Board if two unexcused absences occur. Board Members are allowed two excused absences per year.
• Each Associate Board member may serve up to two 3 year terms. A second 3 year term may be applied for immediately following the first term and must be approved by the SLT Board of Directors and staff of Springfield Little Theatre. After two full terms have been served, a board member cannot re-apply to the Associate Board until after being removed for more than 2 years.
• All Associate Board Members are asked to promote shows and events and meet sponsorship and donation goals along with ticket sale goals for shows and special events.
• Associate Board Members MUST attend/volunteer the Roast (November 1, 2019) and organize and attend Curtains and Corks (April 16, 2020) and be active in set-up, tear down, ticket selling, and attending.
• All Associate Board Members must serve on a committee (Committees to be announced).
• Each Associate Board Member is expected to attend one Springfield Little Theatre Board of Directors meeting each year.
• Each Associate Board Member must tear tickets or usher for at least two Springfield Little Theatre performances during the season and are encouraged to do more. Associate Board members will also be asked to sign up to be "greeters" during shows in addition to ushering. This is to make our patrons feel special and welcomed by the people who are involved in the theatre.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019. If you have any specific questions, please contact Sarah Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.