Jordan Valley Advisory Committee
City of Springfield
The City of Springfield would appreciate your consideration of service on local boards or commissions. Apply online and indicate the boards on which you are interested in serving. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 417-864-1651 if you need any additional information.
The Jordan Valley Advisory Committee (JVAC) members are nominated by the JVAC membership committee, which sends its recommendations to the full JVAC. Upon consideration of the needs of the JVAC and the Park Board, JVAC will forward its nominations for appointment to the Park Board which, in turn, does the appointing.
To provide for a balance of membership on the committee, members represent groups which have demonstrated an interest in the success of the Jordan Valley Park and its surrounding area. Membership from the groups below is encouraged with representation balanced among the various groups, with no 1 group being guaranteed a seat on the committee. In addition three members will be appointed to represent the Park Board by the Park Board.
- Adjacent property owners
- Commercial Street Historic District
- Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Drury University
- Entities with headquarters in and around the park itself
- Missouri State University
- Ozark Greenways
- Ozark Technical Community College
- Persons demonstrating civic leadership
- Persons who have demonstrated a knowledge about, interest in, or experience in the downtown area or Jordan Valley, or who bring needed expertise in a specific area
- Persons who have provided service on other City of Springfield Boards
- Persons who participate in or show a great interest in the activities taking place in Jordan Valley
- Persons with an interest in conservation and soil management
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Vision 20/20 participants
- West Central Neighborhood Association
JVAC operates under the auspices of the Springfield - Greene County Park Board to advise in developing Jordan Valley by reviewing plans, accepting public input, and making recommendations.
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.