American Red Cross of Southern Missouri
From blazes and blizzards to floods and fires, the Missouri Red Cross fulfills the American Red Cross mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies. For over 100 years, the Missouri Red Cross has provided comfort, care and necessities to those affected by disaster. On the scene following tornadoes, floods and power outages, the Missouri Red Cross also responds to an average of three house fires every day. We provide immediate assistance for food, shelter, clothing and emotional support.
In addition to disaster relief, the Red Cross educates the community in emergency preparedness, lifesaving First Aid/CPR/AED and water safety. Mandated by Congress to support communications between military members in the field and their families at home, the Red Cross also assists military families in times of financial crisis. Also, the Red Cross supplies nearly half of the region’s blood. With our many partners, the Red Cross is committed to building resilient communities by helping neighbors prepare for and respond to emergencies.
A Board Member is a passionate leader who desires to make a positive impact on the community through their engagement in the Red Cross mission. In partnership with the local Executive, a board member will focus outwardly into the community to effectively mobilize support and resources around the Red Cross mission:
• Serves as the “Face of Red Cross” to maximize Red Cross presence and connectivity in a community
• Actively develops and grows financial resources to live out the mission
• Helps support mission delivery by connecting to and building relationships with strategic partners and volunteers
• Supports and advocates for “One Red Cross,” as appropriate – Disaster, Service to the Armed Forces, Blood, Training Services, and International
• A personal interest in the Red Cross mission and the community
• The time and interest to be engaged and active on the board and one committee
• Potential for future leadership role on Board.
• Intention of making Red Cross a high priority for personal financial giving
• Willingness to leverage personal and professional relationship to promote Red Cross mission.
• Commitment to the American Red Cross; its values and an understanding of its objectives, organization, services, and the responsibilities and relationships of working with donors, volunteers and partners.
Meeting times: Board meetings are usually the 4th Wednesday of the month at 4:00 pm. Committee meetings are determined by committee chair and members.
How to Apply: Submit your application to the board recruitment committee by emailing your resume and letter of interest to Stacy Burks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please let us know if you submit an application and/or get appointed to this board.